The F2 2013 Challenge is organized to encourage participation of the SST 120 and SST 200 drivers/teams in the two nationally recognized OPC series as well as to support venues through an increase in racing fields.
PROP and Powerboat Superleague have developed the F2 2013 Challenge; it is intended for members of those two organizations. All information, media, results and standings are the property of PROP and Powerboat Superleague and cannot be used or distributed without permission from both organizations.
Any APBA registered SST 120 or SST 200 driver/team may participate in the Challenge and must agree to follow the guidelines.
- Must be a member of either PROP or Powerboat Superleague (or both)
- Must attend at least 7 of the combined scheduled events
- Team/driver must attend a minimum of two (2) races per series
- Driver/Team must declare their class participation at the first attended event
- All challenge participants will receive the series membership entry fee at any PROP or Powerboat Superleague event, the exception being the OPC National Championship at Kankakee, regardless of series membership. This does not include membership tow money benefit
- Bonus points: 5 attendance points will be awarded to each driver/team for each race attended. These bonus points are part of the individual series high point calculations but not part of the Challenge point calculations. Bonus point will only be awarded provided the series boat field minimum requirements, per APBA rulebook, are met.
YEAR END BENEFITS
- Prize fund of $1000 ($500 from PROP and $500 from Powerboat Superleague)
- Top two overall drivers/teams (per class) will share in the Challenge prize fund
- 1ST – $400, 2ND – $100 in each class
- Top drivers in each class will receive a year of free entries (in both series) for the 2014 calendar year. This benefit is not transferable; it is for the 2014 season only.
CALCULATION AND TRACKING OF POINTS
- Challenge Points awarded based on finish per class using the following descending scale
- 1st – 10, 2nd – 9, 3rd – 8, 4th – 7, 5th – 6, 6th – 5, 7th – 4, 8th through last – 3 are awarded based on final results.
- If a driver/team fails to start the final event, they will receive 3 points
- If a driver attends an event where both series are participating (for example Kankakee) the driver will not need to declare a series choice and will receive points (bonus and regular) for participating. However, driver/team will only receive one set of Challenge points
- Tie: In the event of a tie, first and second place money will be combined and divided equally between all tied participants
- Points will be tracked by both PROP and Powerboat Superleague; standings will be listed on both series web sites
- Winners announced and paid within 4 weeks of the final event of the 2013 season